Forum Discussion

MSI_iqbal
Level 5
10 years ago

Cat_import command but no catalog was imported

Dear All,

I have Netbackup 7.6 master server installed in Windows server 2008 R2. I wants to restore from a expired image backup in tape, the problem is i dont even know in which media id the backup images is stored. So i have to restore catalog file which the image backup wasn't expired yet.

So i restore the catalog file, move it to db.export folder then execute cat_import -client client_name. But the command say

cat_import : no images found.

Best regards,

Iqbal

• Which catalog back did you restore? The last one or a previous one from days, weeks, months ago? (which is another big problem)

Any ways, as Marianne stated it would just expire all those images if you start the services.

If you want to "go back in time" you can restore the catalog on ANOTHER standby master, and then make sure you had set the time to be for the same time frame so that the images wont' be expired immediately.

HAving said all that, if you're not taking tapes out of your library, the chances are that NEtBackup would have used the tapes by now for some new backups.

13 Replies