Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Catalog Backup - unsuccessful

Hey all, I need help with doing a backup of the catalog and not sure where the problem is. There is no where that I can look at (or know) that would tell me what to do to fix it. I have NBU 7.5 on ...
    12 years ago

Hmm, NAT is not supported with NBU, it can work, but can be very very troublesome.

CORBA issues are network related, we had 25s and as Marianne pointed out, the master is having trouble talking to itself, which is pointing more and more to something outside NBU casung this, or at least contributing to it, which was my first thought, although I didn't say so ... )

Proving EMM is correct (the bits we looked at of yours looked fine) and there are no incorrect entries (unlikely on a new system) I'm struggling to think of a reason where NBU could cause this, after all, we only use the network provided to us, we don't control it.

As you will understand, when looking at an issue you have to consider the most likely cause, there's no point spending hours looking where the issue is least likely to be and I do think that it this case, starting again is the correct way forward.

I suggest that you progress without NAT, if nothing else to confirm NBU works, keep it simple and all that.  then if you must, see what happens with NAT (which I don't recommend as it's not supported).

Regards,

Martin