Forum Discussion

7 Replies

Shehkh4
      Level 4

Everthing Works but this error comes:
      The Recovery Job has finished, this is the error it gives in Logs:
      ERR - Failed to execute command C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\bpdm.exe -restoretir -jobid 4 -cn 1 -b windows_1673848876 -c windows -priority 90000 on host windows (83)

Can you help?

Shehkh4
      Level 4

Everything works, but It gives me this error 

The Recovery Job has finished, this is the error it gives in Logs:
      ERR - Failed to execute command C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\bpdm.exe -restoretir -jobid 4 -cn 1 -b windows_1673848876 -c windows -priority 90000 on host windows (83)

Can you help me?

• A friendly advice.
    You really need to take the netbackup administration and advanced administration courses.

If you want to reinstall NetBackup entirely, then you must do a catalog recovery. This will restore everything including policies.
    But if you delete one or more policies, then you can follow the procedure I posted.

Shehkh4
      Level 4

The problem is that it doesn't restores NetBackup policies that is the main problem, that How to do a Catalog recovery that restores everything, and the policies can you explain me this.

• Treat your restore as a normal file restore, not a catalog recovery.

• go to "backup archive and restore."
    • As the client and the destination, select the master server.
    • NBU_catalog as the policy type
    • Navigate to c:\program files\veritas\netbackup\db\class (or wherever NetBackup was installed).
    • Choose the policies you want to restore.
    • restore them

Shehkh4
      Level 4

So, you are saying After doing Normal Catalog Recovery from the DR files the next step is we have to restore he policies from the Backup, Archive and Restore tab, right?