Forum Discussion

EVuser17
Level 3
5 years ago

CC 5240, Stuck when resizing cache partition.

Hello, I'm trying to configure the cache partition, I did a resize and added 500Gb to it. Now it sees to be stuck nothing happens and it's been 24+ hrs already. Could anyone give me some directions ...
    davidmoline
    5 years ago

Hmm - it appears as though you have already configured the appliance as a media server. For a CC it is during this process that you tell the appliance that it should be a CC. 

I have never used the GUI/Web interface to configure a CC (mainly as once built, you lose access to the Web interface). Here's what I suggest you do (refer to the 3.1.1 NetBackup 52xx Appliance Initial Configuration Guide (the section in chapter 2 about performing the initial configuration on a NetBackup 5240 CloudCatalyst Appliance.
    1. Reset the appliance keeping the network information intact.
    2. Verify that the IP, DNS, timezone and NTP information is correct and updated.
    3. Set the appliance hostname
    4. Connect to the appliance via a SSH session, then configure the appliance as a media server, then choose to configure the appliance as a cloud catalyst. 

I've attached a run through I catpured some time ago connecting a CC to AWS (installing 3.1.2 - but the same basic steps apply). This only captures the stages of setting the appliance to the media role and not configuring the netowrk and hostname.

Hope this helps