Forum Discussion

SBMTMiller
Level 4
11 years ago

Contents of Selected Directory Boxes Grayed Out

Hello, I am trying to restore a VMDK and all of the available files are grayed out. Surely I am forgetting to do something or something is wrong with the console. Any ideas? 
    11 years ago

Ok this is resolved. Its basically user training. 

1. You have to clear the default "Browse Directory" of "/Admin". (Why isnt this blank by default?)

2. Clicking the "Use Backup History to Select Backup Range" in NBU allows me to see the backups and select the date of the VMDK image we want. When selecting the backup, it automatically loads all of the VMDK files needed to make the recovery. Why this isn't more apparant and placed over in the far right corner of the screen is beyond me. It looks like a "sort by" button and is next to the calendar selection button above the binoculars.

3. You actually have to hit refresh after selecting the VMDK file under "Use Backup History to Select Backup Range" otherwise you will just see a blank page.

4. Once you have the VMDK files, you select the Directory Structure tick box and all the VMDK files are checked off and ready to restore.