Forum Discussion

manatee
Level 6
8 years ago

Desperately Seeking Susan.. or the yearly media

Happy New Year!!

pardon the subject can't help it ;-)  i have several year end backup policies that have finished and am looking for how to find all the media it uses. i tried the catalog but i can't change the policy type to SQLServer. it is greyed out at MS-Windows.

how to find all the media used by a particular backup policy?

20 Replies

• bpimagelist is once again your friend.

bpimagelist -media -U [-d date] [-e date] [-client client_name] [-policy policy_name] [-pt policy_type]
      manatee
      Level 6

i keep getting "no entity was found" so i tried different variations of the command:

[root@master admincmd]# ./bpimagelist -media -U -policy Yearly_DC
      no entity was found
      [root@master admincmd]# ./bpimagelist -media -U -policy Yearly_DC -pt MS-Windows
      no entity was found
      [root@master admincmd]# ./bpimagelist -media -U -d 12/31/2016 -e 1/1/2017 -client dc01 -policy Yearly_DC -pt MS-Windows
      no entity was found
      [root@master admincmd]# ./bpimagelist -media -U -tape -d 12/31/2016 -e 1/1/2017 -client dc01 -policy Yearly_DC -pt MS-Windows
      no entity was found
      [root@master admincmd]# ./bpimagelist -media -U -d 12/31/2016 16:00:00 -e 1/1/2017 23:59:00 -client dc01 -policy Yearly_DC -pt MS-Windows
      no entity was found
      [root@master admincmd]# ./bpimagelist -media -U
      no entity was found
      [root@master admincmd]# ./bpimagelist -U -stl_incomplete -policy Yearly_DC
      no entity was found
      [root@master admincmd]# ./bpimagelist -media -U -d 12/31/2016 16:00:00 -e 01/01/2017 23:59:59 -client dc01 -policy Yearly_DC -pt MS-Windows
      no entity was found
      [root@master admincmd]# ./bpimagelist -media -U -d 12/31/2016 00:00:00 -e 01/01/2017 23:59:59 -client dc01 -policy Yearly_DC -pt MS-Windows
      no entity was found

and still same errors. i double checked in the activity monitor regarding that backup policy and there is a backup done on the day of Dec 31st 2016.

Marianne
        Level 6
        Can you show us what you see in Activity Monitor?
        Screenshot or .txt output.