Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Determine disk space used by clients and-or policy images

Hello,

I was wondering if there's a command, or set of commands, that can be used to determine how much disk space and/or image size is used by a client and/or a policy for a given date range ?

A related space question for Data Domain disk data, is there a way to determine how much disk space is used by any given de-duplicated image ?

Thaks for your help !

• I would look at using OpsCenter for this - if you are capacity and de-dupe based then you may have the Analytics license?

The reporting within OpsCenter does a lot with de-dupe figures as well as the "charegeback" sections which are designed for showing the amount of space used by clients on the system

Hope this helps

3 Replies

• I would look at using OpsCenter for this - if you are capacity and de-dupe based then you may have the Analytics license?

The reporting within OpsCenter does a lot with de-dupe figures as well as the "charegeback" sections which are designed for showing the amount of space used by clients on the system

Hope this helps

• NBU info will give total non-dedupe size.

For example - one backup on our lab system for my laptop:

To check for backups for Client Marianne-Win7 between 1 Jan and 20 Aug with policy name MvdB, I use the following command:

>bpimagelist -client Marianne-Win7 -d 01/01/2012 -e 08/20/2012 -policy MvdB -U

Backed Up         Expires       Files       KB  C  Sched Type   On Hold Index Status Policy

----------------  ---------- -------- --------  -  ------------ ------- ------------ ------------

07/03/2012 10:37  07/03/2013   176052 355660187  N  Full Backup  0       0            MvdB

Client Backups report should show something similar.