Forum Discussion

Manumohan
Level 4
12 years ago

Drives are showing in AVR control on media server

I have newly configured a media server. But drive are showing in AVR mode. We have other media servers in the environment they all are working good with ACS server. Things i checked. Robtes error...
    12 years ago

You need another vm.conf entry:

ACS_SSI_HOSTNAME = sgsinrlpbul9-nb

Extract from  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH31526 :

The errors above indicate that NetBackup is able to reach the ACSLS server with a status request, but the ACSLS server is unable to respond.

By default, the IP address sent to the ACSLS as part of the packet STATUS request is that of the primary hostname of the media server, i.e. the hostname given by uname -a. This error occurs when the ACSLS cannot resolve reverse name or is configured (via routing) to only reach a secondary interface on the media server.
    If the issue is failure to do reserve name lookup, add the media server's IP to the domain name service (DNS) reverse tables or to the ACSLS /etc/hosts file.
    If the ACSLS server cannot route to the media server's hostname, override the default behavior by using "ACS_SSI_HOSTNAME = <hostname>" in the /usr/openv/volmgr/vm.conf file where the value for <hostname> is a hostname associated with an IP address the ACSLS can reach on the media server.