Forum Discussion

cyberninja
Level 6
10 years ago

eject job - not ejecting on the right date

Hello, We just added a 2nd tape library to our NetBackup environment. The new tape library is not ejecting on the same day as our 1st one. How can I make sure that the 2nd tape library ejects on t...
    10 years ago

Yes Mark, that was what I was originally thinking, but I see in the explanation that the policay was run manually, but then ran sooner than expected, when it should have been another 7 days later ...

" I created the policy on 9/19 and ran it manually. I expected the next scheduled run to be on 10/3, but it ran on 9/26."

So, thought I'd ask about the freq anyway, as this would obviously cause this issue, though I suspect it has been checked.

Persoanlly, I'd run nbpemreq -subsystems 1 screen and look down for the Client/ Policy pair and see when NBU is next planning to run it - if it's n the correct date, no issue, if not, it shold give the logic behind why it will run it at time X.

If output is large, it gets truncated, so if the bits you need are missing, run it without the 'screen' and look for the details in the nbpem log.