Forum Discussion

5 years ago

ERR - Error encountered while attempting to get additional files for System State:\

I back up a single windowsx64 server (along with ~80 linux servers) - on the windows server I back up all local drives (with some exceptions in the exception list) and always get a 'requested operati...
    Bruce_Clegg
    5 years ago

Thanks everybody

It is Win2016. It has been happening on both full and differential backups.

It is strange - the job has been partially successful for months (I had already determined that I could recover the stuff from the box that I really cared about)

I worked on it yesterday and couldn't get it to succeed.  As I described I took the server out of vss and put it back in - restarted netbackup and tried another test - still partially successful.  I created the ticket and went on to other tasks.

This morning - the job was 100% successful.  I reran the backup again - and it worked again.  Something must have been cached.

This has been a very low priority (as I said, I already knew the data I cared about was being backed up and was recoverable) - but I'm super happy to have it off my conscience.  Thanks for all the replies.  I'm always very pleased with the help I get from this forum.