Forum Discussion

danguss
Level 4
3 years ago

Exclude list windows

Hi guys, could you help me with a case?

I'm trying to put files (.pif) that are showing error during backup in the exclude list in the properties of a client, the path I inserted has special characters, like "ç and ~", when I close the properties and open it again, the path is modified with other characters and the backup continues to fail with those files.

Is this behavior normal?

Is there a way I can add this path without this happening? or is there any way to replace these special characters?

4 Replies

danguss
      Level 4

The client is windows, I checked the article below and apparently, in the exclude list properties, that "bug" with the characters solved it, but the job details before came with the normal path "ç e ~" now comes with .

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100032954

Could this influence something else?

I have attached some prints of the before and after

• I see at the end of the article "If NetBackup Japanese language pack is installed, and Java GUI launches with UTF8, the messages part of Activity monitor would be garbled."

Overall, this information is very interesting and after these changes, I believe the real problem is not the special characters but something with these files.

davidmoline
      Level 6

Hi danguss 

If the articles don't help, then you could try modifying the registry directly - for Windows clients the exclude list is stored in the registry (HKLM\SOFTWARE\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config\Exclude). Obviously change registry settings with care etc. 

David