Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Hot Catalog backup producing 5 emails per day

I have been working on a new greenfield setup for our backup. One of the first things i have done is reimplement our daily hot catalog backup with off-site copy.

Of course i put an email address in the policy so we receive the DR information somewhere else then the backup systems.

What i am now noticing (more then with 7.6.0.3) is that we receive a lot of emails from the Hot Catalog policy. In 7.6.0.3 it was 3 emails per day (mother job, the actual backup and the SLP copy confirmation). With 7.7 i now get 5 emails, the mother, 3 sub jobs each backing up a certain part and the SLP copy.

Does anyone know if there is any way to just receive 1 email for the abckup and 1 email for the succesful SLP copy?

• Asuming TN 64984 is correct (https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH64984.html) it seems that my issue cannot be resolved.

I receive emails for each backup as intended, even though it is 1 policy that spawns 5 jobs (master with 3 daughter jobs and 1 replication job).

Since the jobs function as intended and the emails are sent as intended this is the correct working.

No idea how i can make a suggestion to the devs to only sent a summary email for the master job except on failure, but will try to figure that out.

16 Replies