Forum Discussion

Sym_2010
Level 3
10 years ago

How to use bpstart_notify/bpend_notify with oracle policy.

Hello ,

Situation :

I need to check FT connection status every time before RMAN backup starts from client which is multi-streamed. How do we do this using bpstart_notify/bpend_notify.

Is there any way to do this with out editing RMAN script ?????(I know we can put this inside RMAN script) but I want to use only bpstart_notify/bpend_notify scripts for this purpose.

For file system backups..It is working but how to call bpstart_notify/bpend_notify scripts before RMAN bakcup starts...

Please give any ideas/suggestions....

• The only way will be to add this to the backup script.

bpstart_ and bpend_notify is for filesystem backups only.

6 Replies

• The only way will be to add this to the backup script.

bpstart_ and bpend_notify is for filesystem backups only.

• Thanks Marianne for quick reply.

Will it not work even if I add policy name to bpstart_ notify ? like bpstart_notify.oraclepolicy name ?...

any chances on master server side scripts ?

• If I configure script like parent_start_notif.CLIENTNAME

Will it run specific operations that are speficied inside the script ..how to enable/activate this script for specific client .?

Please help me.

• No, that won't work. 

As per my post above, it will run for ALL policies with parent and child jobs.

You need to add test criteria for specific policy.

If I am not mistaken, it must be copied from goodies folder to bin. But I haven't used it in a long time... Please check NBU Admin Guide II for info and details.

The post that I have mentioned above contains a good example.

• I think ...we need to add $1= CLIENTNAME in script to work for specific client as I understood.

But will that work for oracle policies /clients ? ?