Forum Discussion

pep-e
Level 4
9 years ago

Import, Expire, Import again.. Possible?

Hi there,

I happened to Import one backup image which was actually not complete in the storage. The backup image is the result of a Data Domain replication, and now it is complete, unlike when the first time I tried to import. What happened to me is:

- Imported without the image was complete. IIRC, I got no errors.

- Tried to Restore from that backup image, Got a complain from NBU, telling me there was nothing there.

- Checked Re-importing is impossible, then Expired the image.

- Ran an Image Cleanup (from command line). Actually left one full day pass.

- The backup image is not shown anymore on the Catalog section (I use actions "Verify" and "Duplicate" to do the search).

- I cannot import it again. When I try to do Import like the first time, I am missing the backup image.. But I know it is there!

Does NetBackup know what is the history behind that backup image (Import + Expire) and due to that it is not letting me Import it again?

Thanks to All in advance for your help.

Cheers

• Hi, mnolan and All,

Finally uninstalled both NBU 7.6.0.4 and DDBoost plug-in 2.6.2. Then installed NBU 7.6.1.1 and DDBoost plug-in 3.0.1.0. I think versions are not the most important here, but merely the fact that software was uninstalled and installed again.

Then tried again. Phase I went well: no skipped images. Phase II did not (plug-in error; 228). Googled again and launched good old bpimage -cleanup -allclients. After that, thanks God, I could see my beloved backup image ready for Import, and Import is ongoing now. I am now Full listing output like it was a TV   ;)

Sorry to have finished like this. Digging more into NBU+DD would have been better, but I was running out of time and lucky enough to be able to wipe out this NBU installation and start over.

Thanks and Greetings to all!

12 Replies

• There is also a "purge deletion list" flag in case it gets stuck in the delete state having failed once already.  If it gets to that point you might want to consider a support call for assistance with the syntax for that command.

I was also thinking, Does the image show up in the results tab? If so, it might list why it skipped it.

• Hi, mnolan and All,

Finally uninstalled both NBU 7.6.0.4 and DDBoost plug-in 2.6.2. Then installed NBU 7.6.1.1 and DDBoost plug-in 3.0.1.0. I think versions are not the most important here, but merely the fact that software was uninstalled and installed again.

Then tried again. Phase I went well: no skipped images. Phase II did not (plug-in error; 228). Googled again and launched good old bpimage -cleanup -allclients. After that, thanks God, I could see my beloved backup image ready for Import, and Import is ongoing now. I am now Full listing output like it was a TV   ;)

Sorry to have finished like this. Digging more into NBU+DD would have been better, but I was running out of time and lucky enough to be able to wipe out this NBU installation and start over.

Thanks and Greetings to all!