Forum Discussion

dbeck
Level 5
14 years ago

Incremental Backup Error : Errno = 13: Permission Denied

Folks,

Netbackup version : NBU 6.0 MPS701

All backups were running fine until we had a power outage.

On the Incremental scheduled backup jobs, and looking at the Job Details, it reports the Errno = 13: Permission Denied cannot open files and cannot cd(change directories).  It appears NBU cannot connect to this volume.  I can open a terminal session and change to this folder and see everything.  The folder /home_backup is an NFS mount on Solaris 8 and has been exported to the master backup server with full permissions (777). Also within NBU, the (Follow NFS) box is checked.

I get no errors when running Fulls, and incrementals on the folder /data_backup which is a  NFS mount on Solaris 8 and has been exported with full rights  to the master server as well.

I'm baffled as to what could be  causing the problem with the /home_backup jobs.  Again all the problems started after the power outaged. I've rebooted the master server, the disk array, reset permissions, and ran jobs to a different partition on the disk array and still have the issue with the /home_backup folder.

Any ideas would be most helpful.
Dave

• Problem solved.

Lost the share setting on the Solaris server after the power outage.

Executed the following command on the Solaris server and backup jobs are running normal.

share -F nfs -o root=mars:wonka:candystore,rw /export/home

Dave

1 Reply

• Problem solved.

Lost the share setting on the Solaris server after the power outage.

Executed the following command on the Solaris server and backup jobs are running normal.

share -F nfs -o root=mars:wonka:candystore,rw /export/home

Dave