Forum Discussion

inn_kam
Level 6
12 years ago

Is it Necessary to Use Image Meta Data Process ,when upgrading NB6.5.4 To NB7.5.0.3

Please help me , 1.Is it Necessary to Use Image Meta Data Process ,when upgrading NB 6.5.4 To NB 7.5.0.3 2. Is only Catalog hot backup not enough for upgrading?  
    12 years ago

Did a Windows one yesterday and smooth as a nut! - doing another one next week so hope it goes as well!

First i upgraded OpsCenter and patched to OpsCenter 7.5.0.3 - and then shut it down (opsadmin stop)

I disabled all policies, deactivated all media servers, deactivated all disk staging etc. and shut down NetBackup

So I then did a custom upgrade to 7.5 selecting not to start the services after the install

Added all my V7.5 keys during this (main one at the start, all the rest on the last screen)

As soon as it finished i did a bpdown to be totally sure

I then installed 7.5.0.3

When it finished the install i ran:

nbemmcmd -listsettings -brief -machinename <masterservername>

And looked at the SLP_DSSU_MIGRATION_STATE. When it changed from 0 to 1 you know phase 1 is complete

I then ran bpimage -cleanup -allclients (as one was not already running) and waited for that to finish (appears in activity monitor) and again kept an eye on the nbemmcmd command but this time watching for LIST_FS_IMAGE_HEADERS to change from a value of 1 to 0

Once that one is zero you are good to go - you can now upgrade your media servers and re-enable everything

Hope this helps