Forum Discussion

Ira_Brock
Level 5
15 years ago

Missing BP.conf ?

Hello,

We receive an error 39 when trying to expand "Media" on in the NetBackup Admin Console on our master server. I believe this issue has come due to some a media server being introduced.

I ran accross this article: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/271439.htm

The issue is, I can not locate my bp.conf file. I have check in the <Install>/Veritas/Netbackup directory, and have done an entire search for it without any results. I know it must be here somewhere as netbackup would not run without it ... right?
  • It sounds like you're running Windows - we use registry keys there and not a bp.conf file.

Most of the bp.conf stuff (including what you're looking for, USE_VXSS) can be found in
    HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\VERITAS\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config

Good luck!

5 Replies

• Oh,

I forgot to mention. This only happens when using Netbackup Admin Console while remoting in to the server. If I use the Java client remotely, it works fine.

The error I get when trying to expand "Media" is Network Protocol Error (39).

Any ideas?
  • you will only find the bp.conf on unix server - so is your master unix or windows.

second you say you only get this error "while remoting in to the server."

does that mean you do a remote desktop then start the console on the server
    or that you start the "remote admin console" from your pc?

(if starting the remote admin console from your pc - add your pc name to the "other servers" list in the host properties of the master)
  • It sounds like you're running Windows - we use registry keys there and not a bp.conf file.

Most of the bp.conf stuff (including what you're looking for, USE_VXSS) can be found in
    HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\VERITAS\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config

Good luck!
  • make sure the master server is listed first and then the media servers can be in any order after the master server. You should bpdown/bpup after making registry changes.