Forum Discussion

11 years ago

NBU status: 2074, EMM status: Disk volume is down

Environment:
Master Server: Windows Server 2008 R2
Media Server: Windows Server 2008 R2
EMC DataDomain

All the backup jobs including catalog backup jobs are running successfully. I tried to cleanup all expired images with bpimage -cleanup –allclients due to increase in size of image catalog and got error. The media server mentioned in the below job details has two storage units, one local drive as basic disk storage unit stu-03 and other one is data domain network drive \\dd670\backup

Both storage units are accessible and backup jobs are running fine on them. What could be the cause and possible solutions of this error?     

Ran bpimage -cleanup –allclients and got the following error from the job details:

1/24/2014 12:49:40 AM - Info nbdelete(pid=7024) deleting expired images. Media Server: enp-en01.xxx.com Media: @aaaaJ     

1/24/2014 12:49:40 AM - Error nbdelete(pid=7024) Cannot obtain resources for this job : error [2074]    

the requested operation was partially successful(1)
The job was successfully completed, but some files may have been
busy or unaccessible. See the problems report or the client's logs for more details.
1/24/2014 12:49:40 AM - requesting resource @aaaaJ
1/24/2014 12:49:40 AM - Error nbjm(pid=5692) NBU status: 2074, EMM status: Disk volume is down    
1/24/2014 12:49:40 AM - Error nbjm(pid=5692) NBU status: 2074, EMM status: Disk volume is down    

• Thanks for your reply David.

There was no disk pool down and i cross checked it. I found in a tech note that any backup job to DataDomain fails with error 2074 - Disk volume is down when there are already active jobs writing to the same volume. I was getting the error until multiple jobs were running but when there was only one job running, I ran the command nbdelete -allvolumes –force on master server which executed successfully. After that I ran bpimage -cleanup –allclients and this time the image cleanup command ran completely successful. So finally issue got resolved.

4 Replies

• You will need to identify which disk pool is down.

The nbdevquery command is a great place to start. Try these options

nbdevquery -liststs -U

nbdevquery -listdp -U

nbdevquery -listdv -stype <disk pool type> -U

Next step is to bring the disk pool back online. The nbdevocnfig command should e able to help (depending on the problem identified).

Cheers

David

• Thanks for your reply David.

There was no disk pool down and i cross checked it. I found in a tech note that any backup job to DataDomain fails with error 2074 - Disk volume is down when there are already active jobs writing to the same volume. I was getting the error until multiple jobs were running but when there was only one job running, I ran the command nbdelete -allvolumes –force on master server which executed successfully. After that I ran bpimage -cleanup –allclients and this time the image cleanup command ran completely successful. So finally issue got resolved.

• Hi Chris,

I am facing the exactly the same issuewith EMC DD. I have follow the steps you follow. after some times issue still prssist.

I have search the entire catalog for the volume in my case @aaaai. but I havent found such volume. inside the Netbackup.

I have atttached the logs.