Forum Discussion

pmorin
Level 3
14 years ago

Netbackup 7 - Incorrect disk pool available space

Hi,

I'm currently testing Netbackup 7 in our lab. I created a media server dedup disk pool (on a Win2k8 R2 Std 64 bits server). Backups were working fine until recently. I'm now getting error 129 (insuffisent disk space). After looking at the drive, I only had 18gb left (the drive is 1TB). I went in the catalog and expired a bunch of older backups. My disk space is now back to 120gb but for some reason, Netbackup's disk pool properties still report only 18gb as available space. I've tried restarting services (and even rebooting the server) but nothing changed. I figured maybe it would get updated by one of the admin tasks that runs every night so I left it like that for the week-end but this morning, the console still shows 18gb available space. Is there a way to force Netbackup to recalculate the available space?

Also, on a related note... looking at the disk pool properties, there is a "Disk volumes" section where it reports my 18gb free space. I've search a lot but couldn't find a way to add a 2nd volume to the disk pool (didn't find anything in the admin guide or the console). Since the section has a "s" to volumes, I'm guessing it is doable. Can anyone point me in a direction in case I'd eventually need to add a 2nd lun to the server for additional space?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Philippe
  • Finally found the issue! It is actually a bug in v7.0. I just found the hotfix:

BUG REPORT: Use% in nbdevquery is incorrect when using Media Server Deduplication disk pools
    http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/350190.htm

The hotfix will also be part of v7.0.1

As soon as I installed the hotfix (be sure to close all services first or it won't be able to overwrite the exe and will still think the hotfix was properly installed!) and restarted the services, the available disk space went up to 894gb which seems right since I have 120gb free space left but all the files in the data folder have expired but haven't been deleted yet. I tried a backup and it worked!

Thanks again AAlmroth for the time you invested to help me out!

12 Replies