Forum Discussion

Slim_786
Level 4
11 years ago

BE 2014 Remote Agent Install Failing

Good Day,  Please can someone assist urgently with this, We installing backup exec remote agent 2014 on our Excahnge Server but keeps failing, The exchange server had the 2010 RA and this had to b...
    11 years ago

Hi Slim and all,

I wanted to comment here as this is something that the installer will block when done from our DVD, but not when you grab the RAWS32 or RAWSx64 folder from the "%ProgramFiles%\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents" directory (where patches are applied and stored when the media server is patched). This is a use case I should have considered, but missed.

If you look on our DVD under BE_DVD\BE\WINNT\Install\ you will see that there is a VCREDIST folder with the directories you describe above. This directory contains the latest runtimes required by our RAWS installer. It is the directory we are expecting to find when we run the install. If you run off of the DVD, we will validate the files are valid before executing the install. This is the recommended method for a clean install.

However, I believe your goal is to install and have the patches applied during the initial install. If that is what you are attempting, you can drop in the Agents\RAWSx64\Updates or Agents\RAWS32\Updates folder into the RAWS folder on the DVD and it will accomplish the same thing. We do not test this way, so be wary of that method. It should work but I do have to give that disclaimer! ;)

Thanks
    Nick