Forum Discussion

YK
Level 3
8 years ago

NetBackup 8.0, are we really ready for WMC?

Just tried Web Management Console, got exactly same errors for 7.7.x and 8.0.

Are we ready, the Web Console introduced from 7.6.x? 

• User/Group created
  • SetupWmc completed successfully
  • Web Svc enabled and up running

Did I miss anything?

• We're not "enabling the web console".  We're enabling a web service.  Once the APIs are published and functionality is released that can use them, you'll find ways documented to make use of the service over the next several release cycles.  The account settings and service settings are being enforced in this release so that things are prepared and ready when a piece of functionality requiring them 'just works'.  It's a phased approach.

11 Replies

• Please tell us which document or URL you have followed?

According to http://www.veritas.com/docs/000048770
    the URL to make sure the NetBackup Web Services are enabled, should be something like this:

https://<server>:<port>/nbwebservice/application.wadl

YK
      Level 3

Yes, verified the web svc is enabled. The HTTP 401 error indicates that the NetBackup Web Services are enabled.

Marianne
        Level 6

Please tell us more about your environment and where exactly did you install and configure what...

Maybe I am missing something, but I am not aware of any WMC other than the NetBackup Web Services that must be enabled/configured to work with the plugin installed on the Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) console to recover virtual machines from NBU.

If I look at this manual: 
        NetBackup 7.7 Add-in for Microsoft SCVMM Console Guide
        I see a diagram on page 9: NetBackup and SCVMM environment with NetBackup add-in

Can you share a diagram of what your environment looks like?
        And tell us if the NetBackup add-in was successfully installed on the SCVMM console?

Or are you referring to something other than SCVMM with NBU add-in?