Forum Discussion

13 years ago

Netbackup log locations

There is a logs directory in Netbackup (/usr/openv/logs AND/OR /usr/openv/netbackup/logs). When the backup teams runs any of the backups or restores, they seem to create logfiles in the root directory (bplog.bkup..., Restarted_restore.log..., <hastname>.data/time.log). As with the process logfiles and creating a directory in the above locations, can you locate these files in a particular directory? They end up cluttering my root filesystem and I don't particularly care for them in the root filesystem.

3 Replies

• This sounds like they are scripting their backups, and thus generates logs in your root directory.  NetBackup does not log anything in your root directory.  So have them change there script or syntax to log in a different location.

• All NetBackup trace logs are in /usr/openv/netbakcup/logs and if created in /usr/openv/volmgr/debug. User restore log files are in /usr/openv/netbakcup/logs/user_ops.

Your root directory will be filled only if /usr/openv is under root (/) directory.

• I agree with VirtualED - your users with root access have explicitly specified / as destination for backup and/or restore logs.

The default is /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/<user-name>