Forum Discussion

NDinev
Level 3
14 years ago

Netbackup, Sharepoint 2007 Cross farm restore - lab enviroment creator

I have to make restore of one SharePoint 2007 farm to another farm which will be used for lab and developing purposes, so both farm have to work in same time but with different names.

GRT full and Full Non-GRT backup complete successfully without any warning. I’ve read checklist from article TECH148598, and clarify all settings.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH148598

Restore process doesn’t start when I try to restore of SharePoint Web application as is advised in article HOWTO47543. I can restore without problems files from GRT backup.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO47543

I’m just not sure how to configure properly Distributed Application Restore Mapping settings. In “NBU for SharePoint admin guide”  there are not any examples.

All backup goes to disk. NBU server is Netbackup 7.1 onto Windows Server 2008 R2.

Production and lab frontend servers are SharePoint 2007 running onto Windows Server 2008 SP2 / 64 bits. SQL server is cluster, SQL 2008.

I have following server configuration:  

Production SharePoint Farm:

Intranet – Virtual name of NLB frontend

SPSNode1 – Sharepoint frontend

SPSNode2  - Sharepoint frontend

ProdSQL – SQL cluster virtual name, backend in SharePoint config

SQLnode1 – first node in SQL cluster

SQLnode2 - second node in SQL cluster

Lab SharePoint Farm:

TESTintranet - Virtual name of NLB frontend

TESTnode1 – frontend

TESTnode2 – frontend

TESTsql – SQL server, backend in SharePoint config

Do you have any idea how to configure Distributed Application Restore Mapping?

Any other ideas are welcome.

I've just open a case let see who will be helpfull community or Tech Support :)

• I would map every SP frontend to the every SP+SQL backend server since the option (from my pour understanding) is to allow (in the process restore) the frontend from where you are recovering, to write its configuration to the SQL config DB on the backend member(s) of that farm.

I have done this using this way. Just try it and let ud know.

Good luck!

15 Replies