Forum Discussion

trs06
Level 5
12 years ago

Netbackup, Sharepoint, GRT with error status 37

I have searched the web for help with a status 37 error trying to do a granular restore from Sharepoint 2007.  Previously I was able to do this but now, no matter what I try and restore, I get a status 37 with no other information what-so-ever.

I get the following from the client:

"Restore     11/20/2012 2"13"30 PM     Error (37)"

From Netbackup Detailed Status:

"11/20/2012 14:13:30 - begin Restore"

From Netbackup Status 37 troubleshooter:

"An invalid media server or Windows NetBackup Remote Administration Console made a request to the NetBackup request daemon (bprd) or NetBackup database manager daemon (bpdbm). On Windows, these daemons are the NetBackup Request Manager and NetBackup database manager services."

Looking at the frontend host that's in the Netbackup Sharepoint policy there is no "NetBackup Request Manager and NetBackup database manager services"

thx

Terry

• The issue you will have is that each client is known to netbackup by its name and IP address and this is cached by netbackup

So if it wants to connect to a server it will get its IP address from its cache and then connect to it, rather than look it up in DNS.

Each component in your farm would need a fixed IP address preferably for everything to work well.

If your backups work OK but restores do not then maybe you just need to do a:

\netbackup\bin\bpclntcmd -clear_host_cache

before running the restore to flush the cached data from the last time it connected

If it is just the virtual name that has issues then the Distributed Application Mappings / No.Restrictions file should help - but if it actuall tries to talk to one server and another server responds i am not sure how to get around that other than clearing the cache

Hope this helps

14 Replies