Forum Discussion

15 years ago

Netbackup Tape Drive is unusable

Hi, Netbackup is not enabling the tape drive. when i try to add the device during the initial startup configuration. The Netbackup wizard is showing the device but showing it to be unusable I have done some troubleshooting and it says that ur license may have expired.
  • Thank you marianne , wrobbins , nicolai , quebek and others for your support and help.

The problem has been solved. The hardware scsi card was fault. recheck from the system engineers.

Regards,
    Hamza

13 Replies

• You need to involve your hardware and O/S support team.
    NBU can only build sg entries once the O/S can see /dev/rmt entries.
    When you are at the ok prompt, you need to do a reset-all before doing probe-scsi-all.
    ONLY when probe-scsi-all sees the devices, do a boot -r.
    If probe-scsi-all does not see the devices, call your hardware support team - there is something wrong with the physical connection. You might be trying to connect a  Low voltage Differential SCSI device to a Single-ended HBA. The connectors look the same, but there will be now comms. It might even cause damage to the device and/or HBA.
    It might be as simple as SCSI termination...

• I have reset-all and then i have probe-scsi-all but the probe-scsi-all is not showing the library and the drive.

This might be the problem but i have used the same scsi cable from the library to the san filer and it was working fine with NDMp.

and now it seems to connect perfectly fine from the library to the solaris host scsi port

• Thank you marianne , wrobbins , nicolai , quebek and others for your support and help.

The problem has been solved. The hardware scsi card was fault. recheck from the system engineers.

Regards,
    Hamza