Forum Discussion

15 years ago

NetBackup Windows admin console very slow

Hi all,

We have NetBackup 6.5.4 Enterprise on a SPARC/Solaris 10 server here.  Personally I use the Java client (jnbSA) to admin the server from my Linux workstation but some of our guys use the native Windows admin gui (i.e. not Java gui) from their PCs to do the same.

This all worked fine until last monday.  I had to rearrange the network interfaces on the server in advance of creating some trunked ports for extra bandwidth to the server so I moved the main NIC for the machine (i.e. the one that the backup and admin clients talk to it on) to a different physical port - in Solaris terms I renamed the "/etc/hostname.ce0" file to "/etc/hostname.ce2" and rebooted the machine.  Prior to that the ce2 interface had been used for something else but that was moved to ce0 so in effect, I've swapped the two interfaces around (and obviously the cables too).

Now, the windows admin gui runs very slow at certain things, in particular accessing the media on the server - the windows guys use this for doing daily tape ejects and imports, the windows gui sits there for ages saying "Opening EMM database".  It does eventually get there after a couple of minutes or so.  The Java gui that I use still works fine, however.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Niall
  • Open java console on the same machine. Find logs of java console. It will show you info about ip addresses that can't be resolved.
    My customers had the same issue and I've found that it was a problem with ip addresses configured on Master Server but not defined in dns. Windows console hanged for few minutes but java worked fine. Java console showed error with resolving of ip address but there was no timeout.

14 Replies