Forum Discussion

VAV_MOM
Level 3
10 years ago

Number of files: 0 and Kilobytes: 0

Hello!

I am setting up a backup schedule for Oracle backups using RMAN. Template creation from the client runs successfully without an error. When I manually run the template from the master server, it executes successfully but when I check the reports, I see that number of files backed up is 0 and kilobytes is also 0.

I am using Windows Server 8 and Netbackup 7.6, Any assistence appreciated in advance.

--

Mark

• The 'parent' job with the automatic backup schedule will always show no data. This is perfectly normal.

The 'Default-Application-Backup' schedule is the one doing actual backups. So, yes, this is where you will see 'number of files' and 'kilobytes'.

You can read up about the different schedule types in NetBackup for Oracle Administrator's Guide  

Most customers create separate policies when different backup schedules are needed for agent backups.

PS:

Apologies for misreading your post, but I still cannot find any support for 'Windows Server 8' in any of the NBU Compatibility Guides. http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH59978

14 Replies