Forum Discussion

brandonn
Level 4
14 years ago

odd "incorrect media found in drive index"

I've got a very odd, and critical situation.

For absolutely no reason at all, all my backups stopped working with the error "incorrect media found in drive index x"

The obvious error seems to have an obvious solution, but i think there's something else going on here...

Error bptm(pid=8896) incorrect media found in drive index 13, expected 5920L3, found KR5920, FREEZING 5920L3

My tape barcode is KR5920L3

It is comparing the first 6 of the barcode to the last 6. Netbackup is pulling the correct tape and everything, however, when it tries to verify the tape it is comparing with opposite ends of the barcode label.

Nothing has changed in my configuration, so I have no idea why this is happening.

Anyone got any ideas?

• If at some point the tape came in as 590L3

then it got written to with that id, meaning the beginging of the tape has 590L3 written on it.

When NB pulls a tape it checks that the barcode matches the Media id written on the beginging of the tape.

this is a safty issue in case your barcode falls off and you put it back on the wrong tape. Or if someone changes the barcode and the images on the tape are not really expired.

What you have to do to fix it is bplabel the tape.

So once you get the tapes into NB showing the correct barcode and media id.

Right click the tape.

Choose lable

uncheck the box that says check the id/barcode (as this is your issue)

it will the load the tape into a drive and re-write the id on the media to match what NB says the tape is called.

ONLY do this if you know all images on the tape have expired.

13 Replies