Forum Discussion

AA_aa
Level 2
8 years ago

OpsCenter email alerts

**** MOVED to new post from https://vox.veritas.com/t5/NetBackup/Email-for-failed-backups/m-p/506664 ****

I have OpsCenter I would like to know how to Associate and Alert Policy to a Specific Backup Policy.

For instance, I have a policy named  Prodvm1_policy it has only one client , I would like to to have an email sent when the job fails

Thank you

1 Reply

• Hi AA_aa,

I am assuming that you are using OpsCenter Analaytics, not the free version.  I am also guessing your OpsCenter is 7.1x or earlier.

I am running 7.6.0.4, so hope there is not too much of a difference.  Under Alert Policies->Alert Conditions, you can choose Job Finalized, and give it the status you are looking for.  I guess this is what you are doing.

When you get to the "Scope" screen of the alert policy - this is where it says "select group/server to check for the specified alert condition", and it also shows your Master Server(s)....click the + sign next to one of your Masters.  It should expand and show all policies that Master knows about.  You can select just the policy you want.

The default without doing the above selects all policies on all Master Servers.

Hope this helps,

Steve