Forum Discussion

Stanleyj
Level 6
13 years ago

Policy priority

Some of my jobs like sql have individual policies setup for daily, weekly, and monthly backups.  Is there a way to assign a priority to the these jobs so that if a monthly job kicks off on the last...
    13 years ago

Stanley

Setting the priority will not make one policy run and the other not run (which I think is what you are after)

I would suggest using calandar scheduling as follows (hope this gives you what you need):

Daily Policy - Calendar based - two options here depending on how long they take to run:

a) Window of 6pm to 11.50pm - Recurring Weekdays - Every Monday to Friday selected

b) Window of 00:10 to 6am - Recurring Weekdays - Every Tuesday to Saturday selected

Weekly Policy - Calendar Based - Recurring Weekdays - 2nd, 3rd, 4th and last Sunday selected - window anytime during Sunday

Monthly policy - Calendar based - recurrung Weekdays - 1st Sunday selected - window anytime during Sunday

I hope you see what I am getting at - monthly backups have to happen on the 1st day (which ever day you choose)

The others you can play with a bit but using the above method you will not have any of the policies run on the same day and  will not have to set any exclusions

Hope this helps