Forum Discussion

cmwong0921
Level 4
9 years ago

Question About NetBackup AIR replication

Hi , Have a few question about AIR , 1) is it possible to replicate Catalog ? 2) instead of replicate baseline copy ( 1TB ) from primary to dr site  which took very log , is it possible to c...
    9 years ago

5) based on 80% dedup ratio, do you mean for daily dedup replication from Prod to DR, we need 15.5 hrs  ?

You may see much better than that, maybe as high as 90% for weekly full, and 95%+ and much smaller for daily.  It all depends on the nature of the data, change rate, and how "different/new" it is each day.  The numbers I posted could be thought of as worst case.  But then they might be best case.

6) I see that the USB is quite time-consuming.

Again, maybe it will, maybe it won't.  If the server and the disk are USB3, then you may see times that are a fair bit shorter, but then the MSDP re-hydration performance may become the bottleneck.

7) There is also a daily tape-out daily from prod ( a must-have requirements ) . In real life , how long we need duplicate 1 TB of MSDP POOL to LTO6 tape ?

Depends upon re-hydration rates, i.e. depends upon several factors, but principally disk performance of the MSDP pool.

If your MSDP disk pool can sustain say a conservative 50MB/s re-hydration rate, then 1TB at 50MB/s = c.6 hours, from:

1.0 TB
    1,024.0 GB
    1,048,576.0 MB
    50.0 MB/s
    20,971.5 seconds
    5.8 hours