Forum Discussion

andrich
Level 4
12 years ago

Robot failure

Hello everybody One of my robots has failed and now I want to move the LTO tapes to another robot. When I try to run a Inventory or a Eject in the broken robot, I got the message: Unable to sen...
    12 years ago

Because your are getting duplicate media it seems you already have the correct barcode rules in place. 

The issue is that NetBackup already knows about you media and in which library/robot it is; this is why you are getting the duplicate media error.

You need to move the affected tapes to "standalone" from within Netbackup; using the Java gui find the Volume Group they are in (typically TLD someing); right click on the volume group and "move"; this produces a box with "standalone" ticked. Ok that and all the tapes are move to "--" group; then you can inventory your new robot with your old tapes in it as you did before and they'll be moved to existing or new volumes group based on the new robot number; TLD and HCART type.

I would use "preview changes" the first time around to check it's doing the right thing.