Forum Discussion

Toddman214
Level 6
11 years ago

SLP, successfully completed duplications show 0 kb written

Netbackup 7.5.0.4 Windows 2008r2 Master and Media servers

Dual DataDomain DD4200 units, running DDOS 5.4.1.1

Hello all,

This is likely not a big deal, as I can see data that has been duplicated by SLP to my new DataDomains, but is it normal for a successfully completed SLP job to completed with 0kb written? Is anyone else seeing this in their environment? This is occuring with ALL of my SLP jobs, whether it is sending data to disk or tape.

Thank you.

Todd

6 Replies

• Hi,

I would verify the images and make sure you have all the FRAGs (copies) listed with the correct Kilobytes. Use bpimagelist.

• Is it really showing "0KB" written, or is the field just blank?  Our SLP's duplications going from one Media Server Dedupe Pool to another MSDP show nothing for KB written (but do show estimated KB), just a blank field.  But our SLP duplications from MSDP to tape do show both KB written and estimated KB.

• As mentioned above use bpimage list. TECH91133 gives usage instructions. If you find that the image was duplicated then this might be a GUI error.  

• Yes Ron, all SLP jobs do actually show "Current kilobytes written: 0"  During the job, I can see "estimated kilobytes" but then that goes away after the job completes. I have also confirmed that data is writing properly. Its just that the GUI interface is acting up. It will likely fix the next time services restart.

Symterry and Riaan, BPimagelist does show the data written.

• hi, Toddman214

Yes, this should be a issue, which seems to be GUI display issue.

But duplication job indeed duplicates expected data from source storage unit to destinate storage unit, it can restore data from destinate storage unit.

Thanks