Forum Discussion

KS2
Level 5
10 years ago

SLP through command

Hi , I was trying to create new SLPs from Netbackup Java console but somehow I am not able to see the volume pools if I select the SUG there. I have tried from command line also but not able to...
    10 years ago

Yes you would have to specify each option one by one

Volume Pools are seen under Media & Device Manager -> Media or vmpool -list_all from the command line

There are some examples in the nbstl commands guide of using nbstl to create a SLP, not the easiest to get right first time!

A duplication destination with storage unit cooperstown-tape1 that uses the destination at serial number 2 (i.e. the duplication destination with
              storage unit DataDomain2) as the source (-source value is 2).

# nbstl HDLifecycle1 -add -dc Gold -uf 0,0,1,1,1 -residence AdvDisk1,        DadaDomain1,DataDomain2,cooperstown-tape1 -source 0,0,1,2

Create a lifecycle that does snapshot with backup to disk and then duplication to tape. The disk storage unit is DskSTU and the tape storage unit is TpSTU.

# nbstl LCPolicy -dc Gold -uf 0,1,2 -residence DskStU,TpSTU,__NA__    -pool NetBackup,DLP_Pool1,__NA__ -managed 0,0,0 -rel 6,12,1