Forum Discussion

panthony
Level 4
9 years ago

Status 26 "client/server handshaking failed" during disk staging

Hi ! I have some duplications which fails with status 26. In fact, the DSSU policies fails, but the duplication jobs associated end with status 0. Any idea , Where can I search first ? My maste...
    9 years ago

Apologies for the late reply....

I'm battling to figure out what is happening here (plus battling with level 5 logs... too big... to much info that only Support understands).

It seems that source is P:\Lun 4 on media server  vsaus113  and that destination STU is  vsaus113_vsaul113_LTO5-DRV1 on same media server. 
    Is that right?

It seems that the process is started and then simply ends with a socket error 2 hours later:

06:00:34.514 [18968.13732] <2> get_short_base: (1) cannot read (byte 1) from network: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. 
    06:00:34.514 [18968.13732] <2> bpduplicate: EXIT status = 23

This looks like internal network connectivity between NBU processes on the media server is failing.

A fellow Trusted Advisor managed to solve duplication issues with these settings (followed by a reboot):

1. The paging file was set to automatic. It has been set to a fixed value 64GB (twice the physical memory) and set to use the F drive which has the most free space.
    2. Increased the number of worker threads available to Windows using the following registry keys (note that the RpcXdr\Parameters\DefaultNumberofWorkerThreads needed to be created):

Parameter

Value

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RpcXdr\Parameters\
    DefaultNumberofWorkerThreads

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\
    Executive\AdditionalDelayedWorkerThreads

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\Executive\
    AdditionalCriticalWorkerThreads

These recommendations (and more) can be found in:

The NetBackup Backup Planning and Performance Tuning Guide, Release 7.5 and Release 7.6  
     http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC7449 

If this does not help, then please log a Support call with Symantec/Veritas.