Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Storage server

Hi,

my environment:

NetBackup 7.1.0.4, 1 Master, 6 Media-Server (all Win 2008)

4 Quantum DXI6702.

I have 4 advancedDisc Storage Server and 4 Quantum-Storage Server.

the Quantum-Storage Servers includes 4 Media-servers. Now I want to include one more Media-Server into a Quantum-storage-server.

In the GUI-Overview of all storage servers  I can see that there are 5 Media-Servers inside.

If If open one of the Storage-servers, there are all Media-Servers and 18 SAN-Media-Servers are checked. If I uncheck one of them, I get a error:

Unable to add/update/delete credentials. The EMM server failed to process the request.

What´s to do for me????

Kind regards

Dirk

• Marianne,

you are right.

Here´s the command to add a media-Server to a storage-server (Note: you have to run on the server, which you want to add to the storage-server) :

tpconfig -add -storage_server xxxxxxx -stype Quantum -sts_user_id xxxxxx -password xxxxxx

15 Replies

• Haben den Befehl um einen Media-Server einem StorageServer zuzuweisen gefunden. Die Anzeige ist schräg - vielleicht werden wir den StorageServer nochmal löschen und neu anlegen.

Vielen Dank an allen, Die mir geantwortet haben.

We have found the command to add a mediaserver to a storageserver. The GUI-Output for one storageserver is strange - perhaps I have to delete the storageserver and define it new.

Thanks for all postings.

Kind regards

Dirk

• If you post the command that solved your problem, we can mark your post as solution.

This will help other users with similar issues.

• Marianne,

you are right.

Here´s the command to add a media-Server to a storage-server (Note: you have to run on the server, which you want to add to the storage-server) :

tpconfig -add -storage_server xxxxxxx -stype Quantum -sts_user_id xxxxxx -password xxxxxx

• Hallo Dirk,

so schräg ist der Befehl nicht

außer das bei Deinem stype (Storage Type) nicht PureDisk oder ähnliches steht sondern Quantum

das liegt aber daran das Du Quantum über das OST Plugin nutzt

sag mir Quantum sag mir wann wink

sehen wir uns wieder

• Mit "schräg" meinte ich nicht den Befehl, sondern unser GUI-Anzeige ;-)

Oh, singen kannst Du auch noch *hust hust :-)