Forum Discussion

tollboy
Level 4
11 years ago

[Suggestion] Configuring Multiple Full schedules (Quaterly and monthly)

Hello, I need a suggestion regarding schedules.  We have a NBU environment, where schedules are configured as follow. Daily incremental, weekly cummulative incrementals (1 month), monthly full (3...
    11 years ago

As far as the quarterly backups are concerned you'll probably have to go the Calendar schedule route & manually specify which dates the backups fall on.

My experience has always been that if the start time on the backup windows are the same then NetBackup will only run the less frequent or higher retention backups if more than one schedule in the same policy is set to start at the same time.

e.g. I would personally set up your policy with the following schedules:

Daily Incremental - (exmon_incr) - as current but drop frequency to prevent 'schedule creep' and jobs not running if a manual backup is carried out (can drop 9 hours if required, 10 to be safe as window is 9 hours)

Weekly Cumulative - (mon_wcumi) - change to frequency based with a 6 day frequency (or less - again can drop to 9 or 10 hours) ***change to Monday window

Monthly Full - (mon_mfull) - calendar based. First Monday of month. Use same window (or at least start time) as mon_wcumi

Quarterly Full - (mon_qtr) - as current. Use same window (or at least start time) as mon_wcumi

If you schedule it correctly NetBackup *should* be clever enough to run exaactly what you want.

*** Note: it seems as if your current set up for mon_mfull is incorrect - window opens Tuesday 2000hours but specific dates (except Feb 4th) are Mondays

*** Edit: retention levels all 1 week?