Forum Discussion

10 years ago

VM Instant recovery from AIR

Hello, I am trying to run VM Instant recovery from AIR for one VM (deleted Vm) with command  "nbrestorevm -vmw -ir_activate -C dns-01 -temp_location "ESX - 08" -vmpo -vmproxy vccenterserver " ...
    10 years ago

HI.

Sloved...

I just ran VM backup for one VM on DR site successfully and the problem has been resolved , i have added the DR master server on host file for main master and i changed the -vmproxy parameter to media server  (master server at the same time) insted on vmproxy server on nbrestorevm  (although i tested it before)

nbrestorevm -vmw -ir_activate -C dns-01 -temp_location "ESX - 08" -vmpo -vmproxy media rserver on DR

"Storage lifecycle policies (SLPs) can use Auto Image Replication to replicate a virtual machine backup image to another NetBackup domain. To restore the virtual machine from the replicated image, you must include the -vmproxy option on the nbrestorevm command. Use the -vmproxy option to specify the backup host (access host) that is in the domain where the virtual machine was replicated. Without the -vmproxy option, nbrestorevm defaults to the backup host in the original domain and the restore fails"