Forum Discussion

GRAYWOLF
Level 4
14 years ago

Waiting for retry Status 96

OK, I ran out of available media...I get that. how long does it take before it retries? I have waited 90 minutes and it has nto retried. Is there a way to force the retry? I don't want to restart as it has already written 220GB to tape.

• and if it has failed (red x), the retry is going to start from the begining anyway.  Unless you have checkpoints turned on.

6 Replies

• Master server Host Properties -> Global Attributes: Schedule backup attempts.

The default is 2 tries every 12 hours.

Details tab will tell you attempt number - if the job was already tried twice, NBU will only try again after 12 hours IF the backup window is still open.

If you have added more media, why not resume the job?

• and if it has failed (red x), the retry is going to start from the begining anyway.  Unless you have checkpoints turned on.

• Hmmm. settings are

Job retry delay:

10 minutes

Schedule backup attempts:

3 tries per 12 hours

Details indicates

Attempt:

This was not a scheduled start, it was a manually started policy (if that matters).

Job state still shows "Waiting for Retry", but it does have teh red circle with the white X.

• As mentioned above. If you have the Checkpoint turned on - the job can be retried. If the checkpointing is not enabled and you don't want to wait - start the manual backup (it was a manual backup anyway so you won't impact the schedule).

• I hope you have managed to rerun your backup by now cheeky !

Feedback, please??