Forum Discussion

xhawk
Level 4
11 years ago

How to use fsdb to repair VxFS file system?

The symantec offcial Manaul page of fsdb command is very simple with little information about its usage.

Is there any guide to use fsdb command on all OS platform
(i.e. AIX, HPUX ,Linux etc...) ?

How to use fsdb to repair VxFS file system?

My ultimate question is how to repair VxFS file system when it's damaged using fsdb and all other relevant command tools?

Thanks in advance !

• Hi

The VxFS debugger (fsdb) is a utility that can be used to interrogate and manipulate a file system structure and as such should be used with caution. Use of fsdb requires a in-depth understanding of the file system. We recommend that fsdb only be used on the advice of Symantec Support and Engineering

If you requires assistance with a VxFS issue, I would advise opening a support case

Best regards

tony

2 Replies

• wow....

Is fsdb_vxfs a special tool only for symantec employee?

• Hi

The VxFS debugger (fsdb) is a utility that can be used to interrogate and manipulate a file system structure and as such should be used with caution. Use of fsdb requires a in-depth understanding of the file system. We recommend that fsdb only be used on the advice of Symantec Support and Engineering

If you requires assistance with a VxFS issue, I would advise opening a support case

Best regards

tony