Forum Discussion

JohnTech
Level 4
12 years ago

ED800012 error restoring with SSR2013

As a former Norton Ghost user (many versions over the years), I tried, tested and then purchased the Symantec SSR2013 and have been using it to back Windows 7 32bit (Dell XPS 410) to external USB dri...
    12 years ago

Chris, I burned a new 32bit SRD cd, and tested with old and new as well as a 64bit SRD.  A lot of variables but

1. Initial tests showed mixed results in verifying from the boot CDs.  The recovery points are on a Seagate external USB2 drive.  First 64bit boot cd showed valid, then rerunning after rebooting showed invalid.

2. The final analysis:  I started doing complete power off / resets of the pc and the USB drive.  Then I moved the USB2 Seagate cable from rear connector of the pc to front panel USB2 connector.

3. As soon as I started doing the power off/resets of both pc and external usb, as well as moving the cable, the original Recovery Point of the Recovery-partition was VALID!

Conclusion:  Some type of buffering problem when booting from CD and using external USB hard drive, but power off of USB cleared the buffers.

My confidence has been restored.  Thanks for the help and suggestion.

John