Forum Discussion

unfeomateo
Level 2
11 years ago

I need to image a BIOS computer to UEFI

I can't seem to find a guide or any help. How can I image a bios computer and then restore it to a uefi computer. I tried for a week with absolutely no success. System Recovery can put the image on the computer but it will never boot and if I boot from the Windows 7 CD it will not see the operating system so I can not do any repairs. 

I saw on symantec site for Ghost that " This issue occurs when you deploy an image of Windows 12 BIOS type client computer on a UEFI enabled client computer. You must add the following command in the Command-line options field of the Command -line tab of the Advanced option of the Deploy Image task: -cesp"

This does not apply to System Recovery as far as I can tell. I do not see a place to put in any commands.  Since Ghost is being discontinued what can I do? 

5 Replies

PJBeee
      Level 2
      After so many years of this product being around, you would think that this issue would be solved. That and the ability to automatically schedule monthly baseline backups on a particular day of a week {such as 1st Saturday).

I am hoping that Veritas gives more attention to these concerns than did Symantec.

Other products, including some rather inexpensive Chinese software, do BIOS/UEFI conversion.