Forum Discussion

jtburnett
Level 4
11 years ago

Mayhem & SSR2013

1) I need some second (or 6th) opinions. I'm getting conflicting answers from the off-shore folks. Let's say you back up incrementally, daily, with a new base monthly. You're in the middle of a new...
    11 years ago

Hi ,

Hows the backup job working after changing the destination to non - 4K sector drive.

Meanwhile , I checked with the screen shot and received the solution for the warning message to be

"I seemed to have fixed it thanks to the link you posted in your last response. WUDFRd is a service and it is called "Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework".
    Windows Administration - What Is wudfsvc and wudfsvc.dll

I went into services.msc and looked at Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework, it was set to manual, but under "Status" it was off. I plugged in a USB and the status changed to "Started".

I changed the startup type to "Automatic", shut down the PC, restarted, checked to see that it was still set to automatic and that it was started. Plugged in a USB and no error code, plugged in another USB and no error code. Shut down, started again, checked again and no error code.

If you change Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework to automatic start let me know if it works for you. Also before you change it the service has to be stopped. For some reason you can not stop it after it has started so you need to boot your PC and before you do anything go into services.msc and change it before it has started. Your PC may let you stop it, but mine would not.

Check this link : http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/268212-driver-driver-wudfrd-failed-load-device-error.html

I forgot the OS you are trying to work with as it is for Win 7

and for the second screen shot , check this : https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=152105.0

both seem to be an issues for Windows 7 Premium.

11 years ago

Hi TRaj,

Yes, Win7 64 bit Premium.

I never got as far as trying it on another hard drive, I was going to wait a few more day's before getting back here and putting this to bed, but I can do it now.I discovered what the problem was-although I’m not sure I want to share it! Egg on my face.

When I first booted the computer up in the morning, and after it went to desktop, I’d wait approximately 15 minutes for the disk activity light to cease being solid, and settle down to just a flicker. Apparently this wasn’t long enough-there was some program still loading in the background, which was causing SSR problems, or maybe even SSR wasn’t fully loaded, even though it allowed me to start the incremental backup.

One night I left the computer on, and found the next morning that it had backed up successfully. I then left the computer on for the rest of the week, and it backed up successfully each time. To think I’ve been banging my head against the desk for years, when this was the whole problem??

So I now know what the solution is, but I still don’t know what the problem is that’s causing it. Again, I’d like to thank you and Chris for all the help, and especially for all the research you did on this.