Forum Discussion

18 years ago

System Recovery Manger 7.0 will not register Desktops licenses at ALL

Hi,

We have installed BESR 7.0.0.20351 and have deployed the current manager for the environment.  We currently have 35 desktops deployed to, but can not assign any license's successfully to them.  All the desktops are running Windows XP professional and have at least 2 gig of RAM.  When you assign the license to a desktop the computer status changes to "updating licenses" and after a while the BESR service on the desktop fails with a service module error pointing to the Vprosvc.exe.

Any ideas why this might be happening?  Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

2 Replies

• I have been working on this all weekend and  have discovered that if I register a Desktop using a server license it works, but not with a desktop license.  We have several license files for desktops that were bought seperatly, so I do not think I have a corrupt file. 

I have tried installing the desktop directly from a desktop install CD and also from the manager download webpage and that makes no difference.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Message Edited by Frederick Mutual Ins. on 07-23-200711:47 AM

Message Edited by Frederick Mutual Ins. on 07-23-200711:47 AM

• Okay, We have resloved this and thought I would post the solution in case someone else ever runs into this.  The problem was related to a corrupted .slf files; we had two that were not created correctly.  When we registered them we registered server and desktop licenses together and received one .slf for both.  It turns out what ever is 2nd in the .slf file could not be read by the desk top clients. 

We broke the licenses out into their own seperate .slf files and re-imported them into BESR and they worked right away.  If you need details on how to do this just ask.

I hope this helps.