Forum Discussion

vic1234
Level 3
10 years ago

Uninstall Symantec System Recovery 2013 from PC

In the past to remove Norton Ghost completely from your PC, you may additionally need to use Norton Removal Tool. Is there a similiar tool to remove Symantec System Recovery2013 from a Win 8.1 PC?

25 Replies

• Hi, Bsod again

And the vtrack.sys is already here

On Mon 08/09/2014 20:47:19 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: vtrack.sys (VTrack+0x2DDF8)
    Bugcheck code: 0xFC (0xFFFFF8A00B551D60, 0xA3E00002F9CBB963, 0xFFFFF88002376E30, 0x2)
    Error: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\vtrack.sys
    product: Symantec™ System Recovery
    company: Symantec
    description: Symantec Filter Driver for tracking changed block(s).
    Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt was made to execute non-executable memory.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: vtrack.sys (Symantec Filter Driver for tracking changed block(s)., Symantec).
    Google query: Symantec ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

I'm searching now for conflicts with other apps:

There is veeam backup installed on the hyperv, the backup job of 2 VMs start at 22:00 and finished with success.

I think only one VM in the plan cause this bug with ssr2013 or the vtrack.sys driver, because when this VM was in a separate veeam backup job (one vm at 22:00 and the VM i suspect at 24:00), the bsod appeared a few minutes after the last backup job succeed.

Now the two VMs are in the same Veeam job and the bsod appears a few minutes after this job succeed.

Then i found that volume shadow copies of VMs would cause problems on hyperv

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/c0480aed-4225-4b01-9f29-5dfa6317f48f/2008-r2-event-51-disk-and-event-27-volsnap-problems?forum=winserverManagement

i disabled it on this VM, there is no VSS enabled on the other VM...

We will see tomorrow ...

• "Running" no, ssr2013 didn't worked, i couldn't start it, and i couldn't uninstall it.

The "dirty uninstall" by symantec support don't solve the problem (service already registered, files and registry keys deleted by hand and symantec driver vtrack.sys not uninstalled)

I found a solution: i have disabled all VSS on one VM

Finally, Veeam backup succeed and no bsod with vtrack.sys driver...

For ssr2013 + Veeam:The symantec support told me that we just have to verify that the backup jobs don't start at the same time.

Thank you