Forum Discussion

CraigV
8 years ago

Change the email address used to logon to VOX

Hi All, Any idea on how to change the email address used to log on to VOX? Thanks! Craig
  • VOX works with VAM account. 

This means that you will need to create a new VAM account as you cannot change your PartnerNet account to a private email address. 

A new VAM account will mean that you will be a brand new 'level 0' VOX user with no relation to CraigV (Moderator, Trusted Advisor). 

This is exactly what happened to me when I changed jobs and a new VAM account was created. My VAM accounts were merged everywhere else in Veritas except on VOX. 

It took them about a month to figure out how to merge the VOX user id's.

I totally understand that you need to keep your PartnerNet account separate for business-related stuff. Just want to use private email for VOX.

If you create a new VAM account, you can email Ryan with the 2 VOX user-id's. The VOX IT team can them merge the 2 VOX id's without compromising your PartnerNet VAM account. 

9 Replies

• Login to myVeritas and then click on My Veritas Account on the top-right hand corner of the window.

• VOX works with VAM account. 

This means that you will need to create a new VAM account as you cannot change your PartnerNet account to a private email address. 

A new VAM account will mean that you will be a brand new 'level 0' VOX user with no relation to CraigV (Moderator, Trusted Advisor). 

This is exactly what happened to me when I changed jobs and a new VAM account was created. My VAM accounts were merged everywhere else in Veritas except on VOX. 

It took them about a month to figure out how to merge the VOX user id's.

I totally understand that you need to keep your PartnerNet account separate for business-related stuff. Just want to use private email for VOX.

If you create a new VAM account, you can email Ryan with the 2 VOX user-id's. The VOX IT team can them merge the 2 VOX id's without compromising your PartnerNet VAM account. 

CraigV
      Thanks Marianne, I will do the necessary.
      Steven_Moran
      Level 4

I work for a Veritas training partner and our email addresses have changed.  Who do we need to contact in order to fix or merge accounts?

AlexMatts
        Level 6

Hello, Steven_Moran –

Please e-mail me directly from your new e-mail account, at Alexandra.Matthiesen@veritas.com, and I will ensure you are placed in touch with the correct contact to update your VAM accounts to access the VOX community.

Kindly – Alexandra Matthiesen, VOX Community Manager