Forum Discussion

20 years ago

Backup a not Domain Member

Hello,

we installed BE 10.0 in a W2k3-Domain (SP1 is installed on all W2k3-Servers), with 2 Remote Agents used for 2 Member-Servers of this Domain.
We have a third Remote Agent License to backup a W2k3-WebServer which is not a member of the Domain, because he is in the DMZ.

How can I backup this server correct?
I can't make a push installation :-( 'cause the BE10.0-Server didn't show me this server in his list.
Also a locally installation on the webserver failed. Because he can't find the BE-Server.

The DMZ is connected via a FW, I can connect to the web server from the Domain. Only BE can't do that :-(

I hope somebody can help me.

Best regards
Werner

2 Replies

• Hello,

Installing Managed Media Servers behind a Firewall:
    If you are installing a managed media server across a firewall, the following items need to be addressed:

* Database connections require an open SQL port in both directions to the central administration server's database.

* Port 3527 needs to be open in both directions to enable communication for the VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) Server service.

* An open port range is required for the Remote Agent for Windows Servers, which will allow browsing for remote selections.

In addition to the above requirements, the alias for the managed media server must be set up correctly.

Also refert o:

How to configure Windows NT and Windows 2000 security to enable the Backup Exec service account to protect data in a domain network environment
    http://support.veritas.com/docs/236744

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.
  • As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.