Forum Discussion

19 years ago

Backup to Disk Folder structure

Hi,

I have many daily diff and weekly full jobs I run for 215 servers. I am attaching to 9 tb's of SATA storage. Wondering if someone else has this type of environment. Do you have any folder structure suggestions that have worked best. I need a good breakdown but I will also be offloading the weekly's to LTO3 tapes after the jobs complete.

2 Replies

• I have a similar scenario and I created a folder for any single location. The reason is, that I just want to canalize the backups so that only a single job at a time will run over the leased lines.
    I've set the disk to tape copy jobs to a low priority so that first the real backups are finished before it starts to copy (and to avoid the case that a copy job has to wait for the tape drive and therefore another backup job misses it's backup window).

greetings
    Peter
  • Hi,

Please update us about the status of the case! Also elaborate a little more on the issue!

Additonally refer: http://support.veritas.com/docs/256096

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.