Forum Discussion

20 years ago

CASO communication stalled

When the Central admin server submit a job to a media server the job start and run, during the running process we can see the job running, but when on the media server the job is completed the CASO server is waiting and after a timeout we have the error "communication stalled" and the job become on "hold" state on the CASO server. On the media server the job is completed 100%. The problem is that all the job become on hold state after a run.
CASO server and media servers are W2K3 SP1 with BackupExec 10.

2 Replies

• I have seen the same thing on my VPN sites. I had to change them back to stand alone servers, until I can find a solution. Any of the non-VPN WAN sites do not have this problem. The sites having the problems are NOT losing connection, I can be connected with Remote Desktop and still see the problems. My Caracas site will pop up a dialog box saying connection has been reestabished to backupexec. Even though I do not appear to lose a connection Veritas is somehow losing its connection.
  • Hello,

Please refer the following technote which will help you understand the different communication statuses in Backup Exec.
    Title:
    What are the different communication statuses displayed on the "Media Servers" pane using the Central Administration Server Option (CASO), and what do they mean?.
    http://support.veritas.com/docs/275770

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked
    assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.