Forum Discussion

Per_H
Level 2
17 years ago

Why Stand-alone drive for my StorageWorks 1/8 G2

Hi!

Last week I bought a new backup for our office, it is an 'HP StorageWorks 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader Ultrium 920'. We are using BackupExec 10.1 (rev. 5629) with SP3 installed.

The problem I experience is that the new StorageWorks 1/8 shows as an 'Stand-alone drives' in the software, I have tried with both HP drivers and Symantec drivers - but I always have the same problem.

I have looked around at the forum without success for the perfect solution regarding my problem, hopefully someone of you guys can help me??

Thanks in advance,
Per

5 Replies

• Did you download the latest driver pack from Symantec and install that before running the Hardware Wizard?

Does Windows Device Manager see it as a standalone also?
  • Hi Ken and thanks for your input!

No, I didn't download and install the latest Symantec package, I was not aware of that one. And Windows shows the hardware as an stand-alone.

Where can I find the package?

Thanks!

// Per
  • Thanks for the link, I've downloaded and installed the software.

Yes, Windows Device Manager see the library as 'Tape drives', and I can see that it is using the Symantec drivers after my installation of the tape-package-drivers in the link you sent.

But Windows Device Manager should see it as 'Robotic drives' right?
  • Yes, it should

is to shut the media server, physically remove the library, restart and run the driver pack.  Tell it to remove any devices not found

Then shut down again and reconnect the library, and after restarting run the driver pack again